This is more or less a personal diary. I am not a writer. I need something where I can express myself and vent.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
About Me
I am 29 years old. I have been married for 11 years. I have 4 children. I am a native southern Californian of Mexican decent. At the age of 18 and fresh out of high school I decided that it was very difficult to live with my parents since my dad was (probably still is) an emotional abuser. I decided that i've had enough and moved to Mexico specifically to Guadalajara. My mom's family is from Jalisco and they live in Guadalajara. I moved in with my aunt which is my mom's older sister. I was happy to be away from my dad. I ran into issues along the way (which I will get into another time). While there, I met my future husband. We got married in 2008 and had babies. I lived there for 8 years and moved back to California in December 2012 going back and forth because of work until May 2013. The first year back in the US was a hard one since we moved back in with my parents. I wanted to run back to Mexico. I feel like I preferred Mexico because its where I started my adult life, where I had my first job, where I got married and where I was independent. It was also very difficult to adapt because I was used to working and taking my kids to daycare (which is free in Mexico for working moms). I had to get used to being a stay at home mom something I had never done before. Three years later (2016) we bought a house and live alone ... finally! My husband's success story is amazing! I guess you can say that now I have gotten used to being a stay at home mom ... kinda.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment